Monday, November 24, 2008

Looking for Alaska, (click here to reserve a copy)


...or stop by the Children's Desk for one that Audrey has on Hold for the Teen Reality Book Discussion Club.
Wow! I just finished Looking for Alaska, by John Green. Ok, I finished it a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't had time to write to you about it until now. This novel was so moving, poetic, and just plain fun (so many cool pranks!). Venture into the 'Great Unknown'? No way, it will forever be the 'Great Perhaps' from now on! Looking for Alaska has tragedy, teen angst, a little romance, and a lot of introspection. Tell me if you're not tempted to raid the biography section after reading this book! I will be very surprised. Famous last words for this blog? Um, you can look at our Dictionary of Last Words or reserve the BookMobile's copy of Famous Last Words. You will be inspired, I promise.
Cheers,
Audrey
P.S. Come to the Looking for Alaska Teen Reality Book Discussion on Saturday, December 6th @ 11AM in the Computer Training Room (in the teen space.)!

No comments: